Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Dapsone

whitelacegal

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have you had a biopsy done on the blisters to see if it is DH? Some doctors I think require that even if you have been diagnosed with celiac disease. I don't know why he would do that though I mean it sounds likeDH so much to me and you are a celiac to me its a nobrainer. Have you had a second opinion? And does your doctor know alot about celiac?

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Hi,

Dapsone has a lot of side effects. Docs don't like to prescribe it because of that. If they do it is only for a very limited time.

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

Dapsone CAN have side effects but the most serious ones are extremely rare and are easy to monitor. They are also reversible. I took dapsone for more than 20 years and my father took it for 30 years with no appreciable side effects. Going gluten-free is better, mind you, but I didn't know the celiac disease connection until I got real sick. I see no reason for a doctor to refuse to prescribe dapsone until the diet takes effect.

richard

Archived