sharkmom

How Do You Normally Feel?

Rate this topic

I have been gluten-free for a few weeks now. I have been careful not to have any cc, but Im pretty new to this. At the same time finding out about my food allergies, my thryoid was on the low range of normal and my medication was readjusted. Just came off of 4 days D, 1 day no bm, yesterday and today loose stool. I have days, like today, being tired and push myself to be active. Other days I feel just ok. I just had a B12 shot, but didnt notice a difference. I hate feeling sick and I dont know if it is a gluten reaction or something else. I want to feel good again and have the energy I had 6 months ago. Im wondering if Ill ever return to feeling good again and what I need to do to get there. I guess I should have named this: Is the way I feel common? I should add that I feel more fatigued since going gluten-free.

I've been gluten-free for 5 weeks now (diagnosed via biopsy last month) and I totally hear you - I feel more tired now than I did when I was happily munching on Autumn Wheat cereal. I actually felt systemically great when I was diagnosed; what drove me to the doctors (all four of them) was just a tight, dull stomach ache and a mild burning sensation in my abdomen.

I, too, am still having symptoms, although they are improving. I got hit with a nasty cold last week, and that was definitely a setback. I think this just takes time. I personally found all the "in-24-hours-I-felt-better-than-I-had-in-my-whole-life" stories depressing - that definitely has not been my experience!

I was happily munching on Autumn Wheat cereal. I actually felt systemically great when I was diagnosed;

Just had to chime in...I loved that cereal, my favorite!

I also felt great when diagnosed, and now have to be very careful about what I eat, or my tummy reacts :(

I've been gluten-free for 5 weeks now (diagnosed via biopsy last month) and I totally hear you - I feel more tired now than I did when I was happily munching on Autumn Wheat cereal. I actually felt systemically great when I was diagnosed; what drove me to the doctors (all four of them) was just a tight, dull stomach ache and a mild burning sensation in my abdomen.

I, too, am still having symptoms, although they are improving. I got hit with a nasty cold last week, and that was definitely a setback. I think this just takes time. I personally found all the "in-24-hours-I-felt-better-than-I-had-in-my-whole-life" stories depressing - that definitely has not been my experience!

Well, at least I know I am not crazy. My family can't understand how I seemed fine and now "all of a sudden" I am sick. This whole thing came out of no where. I just went to a preventive/holistic MD and he did a few tests and all of a sudden a bunch of food allergies. I just had a celiac panel done and waiting results. This has been very depressing and wish it was just a bad dream and I would wake up!

I have been gluten-free for a few weeks now. I have been careful not to have any cc, but Im pretty new to this. At the same time finding out about my food allergies, my thryoid was on the low range of normal and my medication was readjusted. Just came off of 4 days D, 1 day no bm, yesterday and today loose stool. I have days, like today, being tired and push myself to be active. Other days I feel just ok. I just had a B12 shot, but didnt notice a difference. I hate feeling sick and I dont know if it is a gluten reaction or something else. I want to feel good again and have the energy I had 6 months ago. Im wondering if Ill ever return to feeling good again and what I need to do to get there. I guess I should have named this: Is the way I feel common? I should add that I feel more fatigued since going gluten-free.

It took 5 full weeks for me to recover from a week of gluten. I was well and then convinced myself that gluten was not my problem (before my testing)...will never do that again. Everyone is different but please feel good knowing that every thing you are doing to improve your health adds up and it does take time. Sometimes when we start to feel good we forget what was hurting or bothering us...then one day you realize oh yeah, I don't have that bone pain anymore, or that fluid retention, or that profound and crippling fatigue...you will notice things and you will get better, hang in there...most of us have been sick for all of our lives with this, and it takes more than a few weeks for all of the repair that has to take place. Just keep taking care of yourself everyday. Rest and don't give up, you're doing the right thing. I had to quit soy, and dairy as well...you may have to do that too. Gluten is the worst culprit but it may not be the only one, I hope you start to feel better sooner than later...:)

Well, at least I know I am not crazy. My family can't understand how I seemed fine and now "all of a sudden" I am sick. This whole thing came out of no where. I just went to a preventive/holistic MD and he did a few tests and all of a sudden a bunch of food allergies. I just had a celiac panel done and waiting results. This has been very depressing and wish it was just a bad dream and I would wake up!

I was the same way. I was relatively healthy (some previous surgeries, one involving untwisting my small intestine years before this came on), and then all of a sudden one day in December it starting hitting me and by late December I was going through hell everyday with my stomach. No one else here saw it coming either since I've been normal enough since birth food wise without this condition.

Since diagnosis in April, my normal for now (compared to before dx) is no abdominal pain but still mild distended stomach while it's adjusting. Eventually I won't have to see this every day but compared to the severe pain of before, I'll take what I deal with now.