BRUMI1968

Lyme Disease Lab Question

Rate this topic

Hi all. Many years ago I was tested for Lyme (had a rash on leg, and was on prednisone so all my medical mishaps were taken very seriously)...here is what the test results say.

Laboratory of Pathology collected the sample

Lyme Antibody: 106 U/ML

It says that anything under 120 is negative; no significant detectable AB

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I don't see the words western blot or anything like that. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi Bully- I'm not sure what that means but I have Lyme and it contributed to almost all my health problems. There's a thread here that you should read The Lyme Disease Thread

If you need a doctor, you can look for a LLMD (lyme Literate Medical Doctor) here by your location:Lyme Disease association Doctor Referral

I'm a little late to reply but I just joined. I tested positive for Lyme and Babesia in 1995. I rec'd very little treatment. I am being treated now but my current tests only show past exposure to Lyme. I also have to take steroids because I cannot walk without them, steroids (prednisone you stated you were on) will affect your Lyme tests. The tests look for antibodies and the steroid use shuts off the antibody production.

You need to find an LLMD, they will treat you based on symptoms and exposure, not tests. A good source for info is lyme net . org

I agree with Mtndog. It's a definite read.

I DID just post on a thread regarding POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) - the "root cause" of my sero-conversion to true autoimmune celiac. It may or may not be removed, but if it is there, might be worth reading.

The prednisone I took for YEARS along with Methotrexate and Enbrel for Rheumatoid (another autoimmune disease) actually caused my Lyme, et. al, to proliferate, and DEFINITELY skewed the tests.