Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonD2

Gi Just Not Getting Better

well ill try rotating out brown rice for a few days..what can i eat in its place? white rice?

Have you tried wild rice, buckwheat, millet, teff or amaranth? I have only tried the first three in whole grain form and all in flour. Millett makes a great substitute for rice.

Quinoa needs to be soaked for 24 hours prior to cooking, or it can cause digestion problems.

Is anything on your list new? or is there anything that you have recently increased the volume of?

I was sick for nearly two weeks before I figured out that it was the broccoli I was putting in my morning smoothie. I am not a broccoli fan, but I know it is good for you, so I started adding it into my morning smoothie. I got up to 1 cup and it took be a while of playing detective to figure out the broccoli was making me sick!

It can be very strange which things can make you sick. This last winter I switched to store tomatoes from the farmers market tomatoes. Gradually all my symptoms crept up on me. I couldn't get away from the bathroom. When I stopped eating the tomatoes I got better. I had been eating three different kinds, all organic. I added them back in one at a time. Two of them I could eat just fine, and one I couldn't. The companies from the ones I could eat e-mailed me that they did not use produce coatings. The company from the tomatoes that I couldn't eat did not respond to my e-mail asking about coatings. I don't know what it was that made me sick, but I'm staying away from that companies tomatoes, organic or not.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

CB, sorry to hear you're still having problems.  Deficiency of Vitamin B12 can cause diarrhea.  It's a frequently overlooked symptom.  Did you discuss with your doctor what to do about the B12 deficiency? Shots or oral supplements?  ...
    I think you should consider getting tested for celiac disease in order to help rule out gluten ataxia.  Why?  I just had anemia.  No GI issues with gluten.  I never would have guessed that I had celiac disease.  
    My mom has Graves.  I much prefer Hashimoto’s!  I had a few thyroid swings and it is easier to be hypo than hyper.  My Mom has permanent eye damage as a result.  If you have Graves, get treatment which may include surgery.  Her ferritin levels a...