Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loey

Recommendation For Bread Machine

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced bread machine that has a gluten setting and makes a crusty bread. My husband is beyond supportive of my gluten-free diet but I know he is tired of eating "cardboard bread" (his words). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Loey

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I love my zojirushi bread machine, but it isn't all that inexpensive. It can probably be found used. They are pretty sturdy, unlike the two bread machines that broke before this. You can check online what it can do. I use it a lot in the summer when I don't want to heat the house up. :)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced bread machine that has a gluten setting and makes a crusty bread. My husband is beyond supportive of my gluten-free diet but I know he is tired of eating "cardboard bread" (his words). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Loey

This is great. It does have a gluten free cycle. Makes really good bread.

Breadman TR875 2pound bread maker. Check Amazon...around 100.00

This is great. It does have a gluten free cycle. Makes really good bread.

Breadman TR875 2pound bread maker. Check Amazon...around 100.00

Thanks to both of you!!!! It would be great to have bread for Thanksgiving (and maybe even make stuffing)

Loey

I don't know that I would want to buy a used machine that was used for gluten containing bread. I know you can clean a machine well, but... I just wouldn't feel safe.

I don't know that I would want to buy a used machine that was used for gluten containing bread. I know you can clean a machine well, but... I just wouldn't feel safe.

I agree,

It totally wouldn't want to risk it. I do have a credit at Bed, Bath and Beyond and might see if they have any of the models you've all suggested. Do an of them make crusty bread?

Loey

P.S. have the big D today and have NO idea what triggered it. I have painting class this afternoon an plan on pulling out the old Depends. Just when I thought I was safe...