Poppi

2-Year Old Blood Tests Tomorrow

Rate this topic

I'm so nervous about the blood test tomorrow! She's never had a needle poke and has no idea what's coming. I'm thinking about getting some Emla tomorrow morning and numbing up the inside of her elbows.

She is being tested because she has dropped down from the 77th percentile in weight to the 22nd in the last 4 months. She's also developed pica. She's eating everything from metal window blinds to drywall!

I am so glad to be done with her gluten challenge. It might not be enough though, we've only been pushing the gluten for 10 days. She has never been totally gluten free but definitely gluten-light. I don't generally prepare gluten foods for her so on weekends they get lots of sandwiches and toast made by Daddy and on the weekdays mostly gluten-free foods from me. I'll make a can of chicken noodle or something but I try to avoid handling bread.

The past week my hubby has been working in Ottawa so I have had to prepare gluten foods for her and my body hurts. I've tried to be careful but 2 year olds spread crumbs and kisses all over the place and she has definitely been contaminating me. Thank goodness it's over.

I am not planning on proceeding with the biopsy at this point so one way or another tomorrow she will be gluten free as we have decided to make the whole house gluten free. It's too hard trying to keep the contamination under control with small kids.

Wish me luck tomorrow.