Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rgarton

Glutened By Prescription Products?!

Sorry i can't seem to find much on here about this but i ate a glutafin pizza base which is part of my prescription and i now have a big belly ache and i had a very small Bm with lots of mucus about 2-3 hours after eating. Felt sick, tired, got a headache and felt hot and cold all over, my usual glutened symptoms. Has anoyone else had problems with the codex wheat stuff? I thought it would be fine?!?! I am a super sensi celiac by the way.

Love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Lifes not waiting for the storm to pass, its learning to dance in the rain...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I personally have never tried any products that use Codex but I have read of quite a few folks that have had an issue with it. With you being 'a super sensitive' celiac IMHO it would not be something your body will tolerate.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Similarly I can't tolerate "glutino" products. The effects don't last as long as other cross contamination episodes, but its still intense while it lasts. Thus my credo is to just avoid it and anything else with similar properties.

Bea

Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!