bartfull

Tears Of Joy!

Rate this topic

I have an unrelated medical problem which causes me considerable pain. I have been unable to find ibuprophen that contains neither gluten nor corn. The pain has been flaring pretty badly lately, and I HAD to take something for it. I have "corned" myself for the past two weeks, just to find some relief. Of course, that has made my psoriasis flare up worse than ever, and my insomnia has come back with a vengence!

My jaw (infection) hurts. My hands hurt. My feet hurt. I can't sleep. I have been tearfully miserable for the past couple of weeks.

At the Gluten Free Festival last week in Rapid City, I talked to the pharmacist who can compound ibuprophen with no gluten or corn. BUT - I need a prescription which means a doctor's office visit, plus the tablets cost about a dollar a piece.

Well, my local pharmacy does not compound mediceines, but I read online yesterday that there is a thing called BC Asperin Powder that is G and C free. From what I read, I thought it was only available in the South, but my local pharmacy can get it! They ordered me some this morning and it will be here Monday. It is only twenty dollars for a bottle of fifty doses. Still a lot, but much less than the ibuprophen would have been.

After they told me, I actually got teared up. Relief is in sight! I just wanted to share my hope and my happiness with you all. Maybe I can get back to feeling as good as I did when I first went gluten-free.

• Upvote 1

I have an unrelated medical problem which causes me considerable pain. I have been unable to find ibuprophen that contains neither gluten nor corn. The pain has been flaring pretty badly lately, and I HAD to take something for it. I have "corned" myself for the past two weeks, just to find some relief. Of course, that has made my psoriasis flare up worse than ever, and my insomnia has come back

with a vengence!

My jaw (infection) hurts. My hands hurt. My feet hurt. I can't sleep. I have been tearfully miserable for the past couple of weeks.

At the Gluten Free Festival last week in Rapid City, I talked to the pharmacist who can compound ibuprophen with no gluten or corn. BUT - I need a prescription which means a doctor's office visit, plus the tablets cost about a dollar a piece.

Well, my local pharmacy does not compound mediceines, but I read online yesterday that there is a thing called BC Asperin Powder that is G and C free. From what I read, I thought it was only available in the South, but my local pharmacy can get it! They ordered me some this morning and it will be here Monday. It is only twenty dollars for a bottle of fifty doses. Still a lot, but much less than the ibuprophen would have been.

After they told me, I actually got teared up. Relief is in

sight! I just wanted to share my hope and my happiness with you all. Maybe I can get back to feeling as good as I did when I first went gluten-free.

I'm crossing my gluten-free fingers for you!

• Upvote 1