Macbre

Chest Pain After Being Glutened

Rate this topic

I know this question has probably been answered a dozen times, but I didn't have the patience to look thru the topics....I got glutened over the weekend (still don't know what I ate). I always seem to have the GI issues @ first then a few days later have the anxiety, mood swings, joint pain and then I get the chest pains w/palpations (still dealing with all of these). My glutening has always caused stabbing pains in my ribs, could this be what causes the chest pains? I've been checked for heart probs (everything okay), but it is still scary. I would feel better knowing that others have experienced this and that it's not unsual. My cardiologist explained it to me, but I still don't understand why it happens (to much medical lingo). Does anyone else have heart related probs with gluten?

I don't wish this disease on anyone :( I have done so good and now it feels like I have had a MAJOR set back. I'm sick of feeling anxious when I have nothing to be anxious about. Sorry for rambling.....I'm just venting!

Thanks for any help!

I definitely get chest pain. Usually it resolves with anxiety meds but not always. If I also have rib pain, it's usually costochondritis. Not much I can do with that.

I totally sympathize. Remember that it will pass.

I've had pleurisy related to other autoimmune diseases. It sounds as if it could be that - I'm not sure if its to do with glutening though...good luck