mvossler

Goldfish & Nilla Wafers

Rate this topic

Hello,

My son has recently been diagnosed with celiac disease, and I am trying to switch him over to a gluten-free diet. His diet is *very* limited, and he is a *very* picky eater, so I am trying to find foods that are similar to what he's currently eating. The biggest issue I'm having is trying to find equivalents for Goldfish (the classic cheese cracker) and Mini Nilla Wafers (the plain cookie, and yes, size does matter). I've looked at local grocery stores and online to find correlates fr these with no success. Can anyone point me towards snacks that are similar? Thanks!

Hello,

My son has recently been diagnosed with celiac disease, and I am trying to switch him over to a gluten-free diet. His diet is *very* limited, and he is a *very* picky eater, so I am trying to find foods that are similar to what he's currently eating. The biggest issue I'm having is trying to find equivalents for Goldfish (the classic cheese cracker) and Mini Nilla Wafers (the plain cookie, and yes, size does matter). I've looked at local grocery stores and online to find correlates fr these with no success. Can anyone point me towards snacks that are similar? Thanks!

I saw something like Nilla Wafers at Whole Foods. I don't know the name...just saw it and remember it. Goldfish type crackers don't ring a bell, but there are lots of cheesy rice-based crackers out there.

Are there other things he will eat for snacks for a bit? The reason I ask is being newly diagnosed he may not care for the gluten free replacements right away. Your liable to get a real yuckkk response at first if they are too similiar to the gluten ones in appearance but not in taste. If he is new to the diet he may also be a bit moodier than normal for a time. That is to be expected and will pass.

At the gluten-free expo in Dallas this weekend there is a new product called Quakers that is like goldfish. :)