NicoleR

Buckwheat Flour?

Rate this topic

I bought some Gluten free waffles and now I'm gassy like I used to be. They have buckwheat flour in them. Does anyone know if that's a close cousin of offenders? It seems like it would be a cousin but distant or close... THAT is the question..

I bought some Gluten free waffles and now I'm gassy like I used to be. They have buckwheat flour in them. Does anyone know if that's a close cousin of offenders? It seems like it would be a cousin but distant or close... THAT is the question..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckwheat

Buckwheat is not related at all. Totally different family of plants. It is neither a cereal nor a grass.

Yea buckwheat is safe for us. Are you new to the diet? If so did you use a toaster that had been used for gluten foods to toast the waffles? That or shared butter with gluten eaters would be enough to 'get' you.

Yea buckwheat is safe for us. Are you new to the diet? If so did you use a toaster that had been used for gluten foods to toast the waffles? That or shared butter with gluten eaters would be enough to 'get' you.

Yes, new to it. I should have known that <palm forehead>. I have a kosher kitchen and I should know that anything that would make something not kosher would make gluten-free not gluten-free. I will change the tin foil in the morning before I make waffles tomorrow. They were really yummy and smelled awesome while toasting, btw.