azlynn23

Symptoms Question

Rate this topic

I am a rather unhealthy, 23 year old female with a history of odd eating problems. When I was 13 I started having reactions anytime I ate pizza, especially at school, i'd be running to the bathroom ten minutes back into class and that lasted straight through high school. Even now on occasion if I go to lunch with coworkers and order a sandwhiches, I'm in the bathroom nearly half an hour later.

Also when I was 13 I was diagnosed with mild anorexia which cleared up after a moment of self realization three years later, I never was hospitalized or that severe but I have read studies that show in children gluten disease can show up as anorexia because eating is actually painful for the patient.

Well about six months ago I woke up in the middle of the night puking up blood and bile so my room mate made me go to the urgent care, they suggested I get an Endoscopy which I did about two weeks later but the doctors found nothing. They gave me some potassium tablets since my levels were low and I felt better after two weeks of eating healthier, exercising, and drinking no soda.

I resumed me usually diet of one meal once a day of some grande fast food meal ( generally diary queen, arbies, chipotle, sonic, and pizza) and was fine for another three months. Then about a month ago after eating a chicken strip basket and having a gin a tonic, in the middle of the night I was awake puking up blood all over again. This time I did some research and thought maybe it could be a food allergy so I cut back on gluten, I was starting to feel a lot better then three weeks in, I had a weekend full of gluten followed by a Monday full of uncontrollable puking. I was worried since I had had a few beers the night before but I have never been that sensitive.

So I am trying to figure out if staying gluten free is best or if it could be just my diet in general causing me problems, here are my symptoms;

Depression

Mood swings

Hair loss

Vomiting and constant nausea

Feeling of starving

Inability to eat, difficulty swallowing as if air is trapped

Constitution/diarrhea

Difficulty consentrating

Dehydration

Occasional panic attacks

Restless legs when sleeping

Falling asleep randomly (difficulty sleeping in bed)

I'm very lethargic until I eat and eating is incredibly difficult for me anytime this happens, for the last three weeks I had been noticing relief and now I feel like I'm back to the beginning. So does this sound like gluten and if so are there any ways for me to relieve the pain or at least duration of these attacks, it seems to be two weeks before I'm back to normal.

(Also why would it have disappeared for three months even though I only changed my diet for three weeks, then I became much more sensitive?)

My symptoms totally come and go for months. Your symptoms all match celiac/gluten intolerance. I would go for a Celiac blood panel...then go gluten free, you need to stick to the diet for at least 6 months for some people to see a difference.

Throwing up blood is serious. First of all, find a new doctor that will address this! Second, take this seriously!

You have to take care of your body better than one meal a day with mega fast food.

I recently lost (as in dead) my totally, talented niece because she was anorexic. She was bulimic and she drank socially and she died. PLEASE be careful.

How can we help you? How can we guide you? :)