researchmomma

Best Iphone Application For Food Diary?

Rate this topic

Hi, we are going about things backwards. My DDs bloodtest was inconclusive due to low total IgA (not deficient) but the doc counted it as negative. She refused biopsy unless gene positive. Her symptoms are very consistent with Celiac or gluten intolerance. The lab lost her blood so we had to redo the test so we have been waiting for 2.5 weeks for results. My DD and I suspect gluten intolerance regardless of diagnosis so we know we are going gluten free soon (as soon as the gene test comes back negative, or if positive right after the biopsy). My DD is 12 and I would like her to keep a diary so we can show her GI the improvement (thinking positively here) off gluten. She is an electronic junky so I think an app would be fabulous. The GI wants to start her on high dose Prilosec but I don't and I would rather see if GFD will help.

Any apps out there for the iPhone or iPod Touch that are really good?

Thanks, Kristi

I don't know any because I haven't looked. I know there are ones for dieting (loosing weight). Might look at some of those?

I keep a symptom log on my ipad but I just use the regular notes app that came with it. (The one that looks like a legal pad.) I bought 2 food allery apps - My Allergies and AllergyDetect and I wasn't that impressed with either one. Of the two, I liked AllergyDetect the best. I'm not sure if they're ipad only apps or if they work on the phone too.

Thanks All. You know my DD is going gluten-free soon and I told her to keep her eye out for things that Celiacs and NCGI tweens and teens need so we can maybe market something! You never know, eh?

You might make some money on that idea. A lot of companies get started that way.

I do use the "Is That Gluten Free" app when I go to the grocery store. It comes in handy for looking up gluten free brands.