Simona19

Dr. Oetker Pudding

Rate this topic

Is D. Oetker pudding gluten free? I have it at home pudding that is in yellow packets. On the Dr. Oetker page the color of their pudding mixes is blue and red. Now I don't know, if I can use them, or not.

What are the ingredients?

Sorry for the delay. I was busy with cooking and baking. I've cooked up for myself pudding from scratch: 2 cups of rice milk, 3 Tbsp. of corn starch, 2-3 Tbsp. of sugar, 1/2 teasp. of vanilla and 2 egg yolks. Mix everything and cook on medium heat until boil. Stir constantly.

The desert for tonight: I baked Betty Crocker Devil cake from box in bigger pan. I cut all cake on 1x1 chunks. I placed the cubes into a glass bowl, added fruit - cherries and mandarin oranges, and covered everything with pudding. On top of this I put casein and gluten free whip cream and shredded some chocolate. Yummy!

Ingredient of chocolate pudding: cornstarch, dutched cocoa (processed with alkali), dextrose, salt.

Ingredient of raspberry pudding: cornstarch, dextrose, artificial flavor, salt, artificial color, red 40, yellow 6, blue 1.

I think the first should be ok. I don't know about the second mix.

Here are the pictures:

2uhsnqo.jpg

qpqt1u.jpg

Your pudding sounds delish! I've been working on my black eyed peas. :) Agreed the first looks fine. I don't know much about labeling in Europe. I'd write the company about the second to be sure "natural flavor" doesn't include any malt unless someone who knows labeling better comes along.

Your pudding sounds delish! I've been working on my black eyed peas. :) Agreed the first looks fine. I don't know much about labeling in Europe. I'd write the company about the second to be sure "natural flavor" doesn't include any malt unless someone who knows labeling better comes along.

I bought this in my Pathmark in the USA. I don't know, if this pudding is from Europe. This pudding was made in CANADA. I will call the listed number, but I need to wait until Tuesday.

The pudding was delicious. It remained me the Black forest cake.

I called company today and the answer was: Yes, both are naturally gluten free. There isn't any gluten in the company, but they cannot say that the pudding is gluten free on the packages because they don't know, if the suppliers didn't contaminated their stuff. I asked: Can you tell me, if people with celiac disease using them? She told me: "yes".

I think it's ok for us to eat it.