Rate this topic

Question #1: I am not sure if this has anything to do with Celiac/gluten but I have noticed in the past year or so that when I brush my teeth, especially first thing in the morning, I have what seems to be a small asthmatic reaction and I think it is to the mint in the toothpaste. My throat gets really irritated and I cough to the point of gagging most mornings. I can't find any gluten in the toothpaste but now wonder if I have a problem with mint? (I could not stand the taste of mint with my last pregnancy and in fact new that I was pregnant before I was tested because I put a mint in my mouth and was immediately sick.) Has anyone else experienced anything like this.

Question # 2: I have an extremely strong sense of smell. Perfumes, food, anything...I can smell it a mile away. When I was pregnant with my youngest daughter, I could smell peoples perfume as they walked down the hall where I worked with my office door closed and would become really ill. If I or my husband cooks something with a strong odor like canning tomatoes, fish, bacon or something like that, the smell keeps me from sleeping and if I do fall asleep, I have horrible nightmares. I am curious to know if there is any correlation between celiac and having a sniffer that works overtime?

I can't help with the toothpaste, but I do have a very high sense of smell.

They say it's liver congestion...

And liver congestion or impaired function is a byproduct of Celiac/NCGI.

My "scent" issues are improving but it was hideous for a while.