Scott Adams

A Gluten-Free Diet Reality Check - The Atlantic

Rate this topic

A Gluten-Free Diet Reality Check

The Atlantic

By Beth Fontenot Even people without celiac disease have taken to eating only gluten-free foods, but the options are still limited, which means you might wind up in worse shape -- physically -- than ever before. Is gluten the latest dietary villain? ...

"Gluten-Free Diet Linked to Depression" is Another Gross Misrepresentation of ... Diets In Review (blog)

all 3 news articles »

View the full article

"Following a gluten-free diet is very difficult and may put a person at risk for deficiencies of calcium, vitamin D, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, fiber, and zinc, according to Sandquist. She advises those who follow the diet by choice and not medical necessity to choose foods wisely to avoid nutrient deficiencies. She added: "I have observed that people who do not have to follow the diet for celiac disease usually won't stay on it very long."

I didn't know wonder bread and coco puffs were so imperative to human nutritional health.

What a stupid article, even if you are gluten sensitive and feel sick you shouldn't follow a gluten free diet!?!?? I feel sick if I eat heaps of chocolate - does that mean I should in fact do it all the time now..yaaayy! Awesome news.