Scott Adams

Your Gluten-Free Beer Might Not Be Gluten-Free - Broward-Palm Beach New Times (blog)

Rate this topic

Your Gluten-Free Beer Might Not Be Gluten-Free

Broward-Palm Beach New Times (blog)

Die-hard celiacs, people who have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease, are often very careful with their diets and choose to maintain strictly gluten-free eating in order to stay healthy. Thus the majority wouldn't purchase low-gluten beer from the ...

View the full article

Why doesn't the article divulge brand names? Right now, this offers no practical help for us, but I would love to know which beers tested positive for gluten.

I tried Redbridge beer last week for the first time and spent the evening doubled over in pain. Maybe it wasn't the beer, but I won't be drinking it again. It was my first attempt at a gluten free beer.

They tested 50 gluten beers, 8 gluten free beers and 2 low gluten beers. The 8 gluten-free beers tested fine, under 20ppm. the low gluten beers tested above.

What they found when testing the "low-gluten" beers is enough to cause health problems for people with gluten allergies. According to their report, the low-gluten beers contained just as much hordein as regular beers.

The title of the article is misleading.