kaity

Gluten Free And Nausea

Rate this topic

i started the gluten free diet for my son on saturday so it has been about one weak, today he vomitted and i am sure he was not glutened nor ate anything that had dairy in it.. can this happen when first taking him off gluten? did this happen to any of you or your kids

i started the gluten free diet for my son on saturday so it has been about one weak, today he vomitted and i am sure he was not glutened nor ate anything that had dairy in it.. can this happen when first taking him off gluten? did this happen to any of you or your kids

I know kids, and adults, can spend some time detoxing various foods out of their system. I have heard and read that gluten can take six weeks to be mostly gone. Things can be rocky for a bit, and it is hard to figure out if it is detox, gluten or something else but it will get better one day at a time:)

(I am new to celiac, but not new to dealing with food allergies and intolerances and all that fun stuff)

Me, my husband and son have been gluten-free since january 6th and it seems like this week was the worst for us. Our son is complaining of not feeling good and wanted to sleep alot, and I feel exhausted all the time now! and my husband felt like throwing up as well. I never thought that it might be the detox from gluten.