Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jessthirtytwo

How To Detox After Getting Glutened?

Hey guys, I was just wondering what were some good things that you have found to eat/drink after you have been glutened? I have been feeling really tired and sick lately, but havent eaten anything, to my knowledge, with gluten in it. I was thinking I just need to clean out my system.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

when my 3 yr old is feeling bad all she eats is rice, actually, you should boil some rice tillit

turns to mush, use stock instead of water, you'll have congee! My Chinese mother in law swears by it when people aren't feeling good and it really works

also water with a little piece of ginger in it, ginger is great for your digestive system, if you believe everything my mother in law says, it cures EVERYTHING

When I get glutened, I drink lots of water and take probiotics. I don't know if it actually makes a huge difference, but at least I feel like I am doing something. When I get got, I also (involuntarily) sleep a LOT. My immune system's way of healing itself I suppose. I don't fight it- can't really- and then feel more energy in a few days, sometimes up to a week.

• Diagnosed Celiac July 2011
  • Failure to thrive baby, thought to be lactose intolerant
  • Happy to be gluten-free!