traciknop

Dh Frustration

Rate this topic

Dx + Celiac 10/2011. gluten-free since then. Have apparently been exposed to some Gluten while traveling the past few months with evidence

of DH breakouts on face. Have had breakouts of significance for the past 4 years- just didn't know the cause.

I am 40 years old and used to have a beautiful complexion. I am beside myself. What can I get (besides strict strict gluten-free diet)

to calm my face down?

I suggest reading some of the recent threads in the DH forum. There are many reasons why it could be happening, and lots of tips on how to cope.

I hope your rash clears up soon, I know it's terrible to deal with.

When I had it on my face, I used proactive solution and that helped a lot. (I thought at the time it was some form of adult acne....) However, I also put calamine lotion on it when I slept, to help with the itching. I knew I didn't want to scratch!

Be STRICKLY GLUTEN FREE.

Don't eat out.

Start a food diary / food investigation into salicylate and or iodine intolerance. These can be hard. They are much more complicated than gluten.

Prawns (iodine) and raisins (sals) where my early indicators of other things contributing to my problems.