This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dermatologist Was Mean, Made Me Cry...

Raven815

cougie23 Explorer

I Would like to say 2 things...First of all...as allways...great advice guys!!!

I don't know where most of us would be with out the experiance of others...so important with this disease!!!

The second thing...as a lot of you have figured out...is there are two types of weight issues with celiacs...both are cuased by malnoutrishion issuess!

Some of us are anourexic looking...but alot of us...(the ones the doctors say can't have it BECAUSE we're overwieght)... are over weight!

Alot of us CAN't lose weight if our life depended on it...( and for SOME...it does!)

Even though we workout...eat healthy...its NOT enough!I use to tell people...I don't eat enough!...I barely ate ate all at times...no appetite...allways bloated...diareha...constepation...throwing up all the time..migrains...itching...severe muscle and joint pain...all from years of undiagnosed Celiacs!But the reason I WAS fat...was because I couldn't absorbe my noutriants...the same reason others are sticklike...only because my body thought it was starving (which it was...)

MY BODY...converted and stored ANYTHING it could...into fat...the old caveman feast or famine mode!some poeples bodies do that...there are alot of malnoutrishened people out there who are fat!a lot of poor people...who can't afford proper food...so there bodys do with what they can...celiacs acts the same way!can't digest it..so we store it!

Also...just for the record...we thoughtI had MS for years...had all the horrible tortorous tests...and all the neuro could say was maybe...maybe not! but I had 97 out of 100 symptoms...awwww ....can you say...GLUTION ATAXIA!!!! :blink: ...soooooo glad I discovered the forum...and the wonderful doc who figured out what was wrong! problem was she diagnosed me...but kinda left it at that...(its comlicated)...everything ELSE I learned from youguys and the celiacs here who have simular problems! THANKYou!!! we are NOT alone! :D:D:D

And for the record...I just got back some blood tests...and found I'm STILL not absorbing right...which has left me severely vitemen D and calcium defieciant...thus the severe joint pain and muscle spazms...not to mention swollen gums..chipping loose teeth...fragile nails and hair...ect!He's got me on vitemen C as well for my imunity for good mesure...along with my usreal muli! :blink::rolleyes::lol::D:P

The reason I brought this up...was because several of you...besides talking rash...mentioned Docs saying you couldn't have Celiac...because you were over wieght!I just wanted to say you CAN...and alot of us DO! Despite of what alot of docs think...it can be a sign of malnoutrishoin(I HATE spelling that word).....and thus a sign of CELIACS! :ph34r::o:D (allso...besides brainfog...whichis common...alot of us have trouble remembering how to spell!!!LOL!)That and where we put stuff!!!...5 minutes ago!!!LOL! :rolleyes::P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Raven815 Rookie

Hi Cougie,

I love your post. I want to thank you for the great info and for helping me to feel better about what I am going through. Everything you said makes so much sense. I would tend to agree that I have been malnourished for many years. Two years ago I went vegetarian. I started to eat VERY healthy. Most times I will not put anything un healthy in my body. So, I always wondered, why wasn't I feeling "on top of the world"? I've always been super tired and sick feeling no matter how healthy I ate and how much I exercised. I have always had a terrible time losing any weight and I always thought it was because of the meds I was on. The first week I went gluten-free, I kid you not, I lost 6# (I am also doing WW). So, I am trying to look at all of this suffering as a blessing in disguise. Maybe I can finally get some kind of life back and get slim and healthy. I truly believe this is going to happen. Gluten is bad for ANYONE'S body, so I really don't mind letting it go. I think the trade-off is worth it. Don't you?

Laura :)

cougie23 Explorer

Hi Cougie,

I love your post. I want to thank you for the great info and for helping me to feel better about what I am going through. Everything you said makes so much sense. I would tend to agree that I have been malnourished for many years. Two years ago I went vegetarian. I started to eat VERY healthy. Most times I will not put anything un healthy in my body. So, I always wondered, why wasn't I feeling "on top of the world"? I've always been super tired and sick feeling no matter how healthy I ate and how much I exercised. I have always had a terrible time losing any weight and I always thought it was because of the meds I was on. The first week I went gluten-free, I kid you not, I lost 6# (I am also doing WW). So, I am trying to look at all of this suffering as a blessing in disguise. Maybe I can finally get some kind of life back and get slim and healthy. I truly believe this is going to happen. Gluten is bad for ANYONE'S body, so I really don't mind letting it go. I think the trade-off is worth it. Don't you?

Laura :)

Absouloutly...glad we could help! :D You hang in there and welcome to the forum! :P:lol::D

This group is great...full of wonderful suportive people! Wether you have questions...need to rant..(we all have bad days and theres no one better to rant to than a fellow celiac who understands EXACTLY what your going through!)...or just want to talk! we're here for you! :P

If you click on our profile pics...you can go to that persons profile page and leave a message...or if you want a more privite chat...click on "send me a message!"(in case you didn't know)...Its all good!..LOL! :rolleyes::lol:

Archived