Razzle Dazzle Brazell

?early Or Mild Dh?

Rate this topic

Hey everybody, I am a two weeks into a gluten challenge and what I used to think were heat or friction bumps are now spreading up the back side of my forearm. It is very dry like alligator bumps and the skin around it is beginning to become flaky. It is now mildly itchy from time to time and moderately burns from time to time. They are not red or inflamed yet. What do you guys think: Could this be early DH or some other similar problem?

I appreciate everyone's input! :D

I think it could be early dh or the pre-dh if you will. Or it could be dh. What ever it is I feel it's gluten related for sure. And it scares the heck out of me (for you). My hubs & I have been talking about looking back now & realizing the things going on with our skin in certain instances was in actuality dh, or pre-dh. For example, for several years prior to hubs breaking out in undeniable dh; every time he would wear socks, even for an hour; his legs would break out in a rash of tiny, red, itchy bumps. We tried all kinds of different socks, different materials -- still got the rash. We just thought it had to do with socks. Guess where his dh unmistakably presented itself this year?

I think it could be early dh or the pre-dh if you will. Or it could be dh. What ever it is I feel it's gluten related for sure. And it scares the heck out of me (for you). My hubs & I have been talking about looking back now & realizing the things going on with our skin in certain instances was in actuality dh, or pre-dh. For example, for several years prior to hubs breaking out in undeniable dh; every time he would wear socks, even for an hour; his legs would break out in a rash of tiny, red, itchy bumps. We tried all kinds of different socks, different materials -- still got the rash. We just thought it had to do with socks. Guess where his dh unmistakably presented itself this year?

Wow thank you for your input. I realized that since i have severely chronic dry skin and already use a cocoa and shea butter lotion with two or three times a day, it may be soothing the irritation to some degree. Should i stop doing that and let it run its course so i can show my doc?

Btw- I didnt mean to post this topic twice....thats the gospel truth! :-)

DH isn't the only skin condition brought on by gluten. Psoriasis and excema are symptoms of Celiac too.

I don't know why you should suffer so your doc can see it. Can you call the doc & hop in real quickly tomorrow so doc can see it? If not, then I say take photos of it & keep written notes on when it began etc.... details, details.

DH isn't the only skin condition brought on by gluten. Psoriasis and excema are symptoms of Celiac too.

Too true. Well at the least i know i definitely need to show my doc and see what other prescriptions he will put me on lol. I still have a bunch of prescriptions i still havent even "cashed" yet :P Might as well add to the stack. Thx guys!