This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

My Endoscopy......

roxieb73

roxieb73 Contributor

I am so glad all the actual testing is over and I can be gluten free. Took biopies and one in the stomach to look for bacteria. Also told I have a hiatal hernia and now get to do the lovely Upper GI seires and delayed gastric emptying tests. However they do not provent me from being GLUTEN FREE!!!!! :D I am so happy. Starting off easy so I don't mess up. Oranges for Breakfast and baked potato for lunch. ;) Now I just wait for the results of my many biopies out there.

Roxie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Razzle Dazzle Brazell Enthusiast

I am so glad all the actual testing is over and I can be gluten free. Took biopies and one in the stomach to look for bacteria. Also told I have a hiatal hernia and now get to do the lovely Upper GI seires and delayed gastric emptying tests. However they do not provent me from being GLUTEN FREE!!!!! :D I am so happy. Starting off easy so I don't mess up. Oranges for Breakfast and baked potato for lunch. ;) Now I just wait for the results of my many biopies out there.

Roxie

Yay! Make sure you dont go to simple though roxie. Try to eat a varied gluten free diet. I know it is tempting not to eat different things when your tummy hurts. Good luck once again on your results ;)

roxieb73 Contributor

Yay! Make sure you dont go to simple though roxie. Try to eat a varied gluten free diet. I know it is tempting not to eat different things when your tummy hurts. Good luck once again on your results ;)

Oh I will I have a lot of awesome new receipies to try. :D I just haven't gone shopping yet. Trying to find something Gluten Free I could take to work!!!!!!!!!! lol All I could find were oranges and potatos. lol

squirmingitch Veteran

YAY Roxie! Onward & upward from here on out.

Wow, you sure are feeling chipper aren't you? Your endo was today wasn't it? And you're already home & feeling like being on the computer! Good for you.

Now, don't go hog wild on gluten-free processed foods yet. Try to stick to whole foods as much as possible for about 3 months.

To take to work? How about a cold chicken leg, an apple & a hard boiled egg? The rest of the chicken was dinner the night before.

roxieb73 Contributor

YAY Roxie! Onward & upward from here on out.

Wow, you sure are feeling chipper aren't you? Your endo was today wasn't it? And you're already home & feeling like being on the computer! Good for you.

Now, don't go hog wild on gluten-free processed foods yet. Try to stick to whole foods as much as possible for about 3 months.

To take to work? How about a cold chicken leg, an apple & a hard boiled egg? The rest of the chicken was dinner the night before.

My endoscopy was yesterday. I wasn't on at all yesterday. lol I have been googling gluten free receipies today. lol Tonight is steak, veggies and roasted garlic potatos. ;)

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Glad your celiac related testing is over and you can now give the diet a good strict go. You may find your issues resolve before the other tests are even done but if not do make sure your doctors orders gluten free barium for the upper GI series. The liquid will be thin and not at all chalky. They mixed mine with cranberry juice. Compared to the regular gluten filled solutions drinking it was nothing and I didn't have to stop in the restroom in a hurry on my way out the door.

I hope you heal quickly.

Oh I will I have a lot of awesome new receipies to try. :D I just haven't gone shopping yet. Trying to find something Gluten Free I could take to work!!!!!!!!!! lol All I could find were oranges and potatos. lol

Haha! I know how that is. Do you have access to a microwave so you can cook ahead of time and take it with you. I bought some glasslock containers that are freezable mkcrowavable and dishwasher safe! I take them with me to work and pop them in the microwave.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ker0pi Rookie

I'm so glad your through your testing. What was the endoscope like? Did they put you under general anesthesia?

roxieb73 Contributor

Glad your celiac related testing is over and you can now give the diet a good strict go. You may find your issues resolve before the other tests are even done but if not do make sure your doctors orders gluten free barium for the upper GI series. The liquid will be thin and not at all chalky. They mixed mine with cranberry juice. Compared to the regular gluten filled solutions drinking it was nothing and I didn't have to stop in the restroom in a hurry on my way out the door.

I hope you heal quickly.

Wow hadn't even thought about that! Thank you! I will call in advance tell them it must be Gluten free.

roxieb73 Contributor

I'm so glad your through your testing. What was the endoscope like? Did they put you under general anesthesia?

It was crazy there 2 hours to check in and prep for a 15 min procedure. lol Yes they put me out but not intubated. I had my IV in and in the room laying on my side. They put in a mouth gaurd (I am assuming to guide the tube down my throat). Then the I was told the medicine "may burn". Those are the last words I remember next second I was in recovery. I didn't even know they did anything. I looked around and I was in another room by myself and everyone was gone. lol

roxieb73 Contributor

Haha! I know how that is. Do you have access to a microwave so you can cook ahead of time and take it with you. I bought some glasslock containers that are freezable mkcrowavable and dishwasher safe! I take them with me to work and pop them in the microwave.

Kind of like making my own tv dinners. :D I like it! That is an awesome idea!

Kind of like making my own tv dinners. :D I like it! That is an awesome idea!

Lol yeah something like that. Im gonna make some potato salad tonight. Also one trick i learned with pastas, rice and things is to put a little water in it ( it will evaporate) and put a wet papertowel over it and steam it in the microwave. Every little bit helps.

Archived