maggiesimpson

Anyone With Iga Deficiency Crave Eggs With Runny Yolks?

Rate this topic

I was googling nutrition deficiencies that cause a craving for eggs with runny yolks and kept coming across biotin as one of the nutrients. So I googled biotin and came across a site that described it. Under different diagnoses (i believe that was the name of the category) it listed Iga and Igg deficiencies.

I've suspected I have that and that's why my Ttg Iga came back negative. I am waiting for my GI to call me back, hoping he'll order the test for total serum Iga since he forgot he said he'd include it with my initial order for bloodwork.

I'm trying not to jump to conclusions, just thought it was interesting info I stumbled upon. I have hashimoto's so there's another reason I wanted to get that level checked. I was curious how many people with Iga or Igg deficiency crave runny yolks.

YES!!! I used to HATE even slightly runny yokes but now I practically dream about them!!!

and yes, I am IgA deficient.

I am supposed to eat poached eggs, slightly runny everyday for breakfast. My IGA tests were negative, I think. Anyway, my chiro says it okay and I can get my eggs from the chicken house or a farmer nearby. Enjoy your eggs!

With no insurance, I've never been tested. But all my life I have craved runny yolks. When I was a kid, soft-boiled eggs was the ONLY thing they could get me to eat. I was born sick - RH neg. to an RH pos. mother, and this was long before they had shots for it. I was jaundiced, and I also had pneumonia several times during my infancy. I always knew I must be deficient in SOME kind of nutrient. I listen to my body and when it tells me to eat something, I do it. To me, eggs with runny yolks are one of God's gifts - right up there with coffee at the top of my list of "yum factor" foods.

I'm not Iga deficient and I LOVE runny yolks. Only way to have a fried egg, IMO.

richard