Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

prairiemamma

Looking For A Few gluten-free Alternatives

• Julia Child's "The Way to Cook" gives a bang up gluten-free recipe for making a creamed vegetable soup. I'll post it if you're interested, it just uses rice, water or stock, onions and a steamed or braised vegetable that you want to make creamed soup of. You have to have a blender of stick blender, dirty 2 pans and devote about an hour. but only intermittently.
  • I love Chebe's bread or pizza crust mix for breadsticks, as recommended above. Usually they're only palatable when served hout. I've never tried them in a good thermos, but that might work. They're great for breakfast sandwiches, rolls for BLT's, or sliders, bread sticks. If you try Chebe's, don't add extra liquid until after you've kneaded the dough thoroughly. (You won't have to add extra liquid.)
  • Have you checked out some of the gluten-free bloggers?

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Keight, Be very hopeful and expectant of your ability to build once you recover. I was diagnosed in 1995 and began running after 6 months of recovery. After 18 months I was cut and could run 15 miles no problem - I became bored after ...
    The grief... Oh yeah, it is real. I mourn for the opportunities I knocked back food wise, for I was one of those women you spoke of! I avoided fattening foods, and I had no guidance on how to eat, and THEN I took up body building in 2010....
    Thank you for noticing that. I did pack as much AN-PEP as possible into the capsule without other ingredients except a flow agent to allow the capsule to be filled better and a small percentage of a food grade acid that has proven to greatly...