- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Gluten-Free Zucchini (Walnut or Chocolate Chips) Bread
I am a mother of 3 younger children. Two of my children, Kimimae and Isaac have food allergies. Kimi has very severe allergy, she is allergic to dairy, egg, chicken, all nuts and all seafood. And my son, Isaac is allergic to all nuts. Recently, my husband has been diagnosed with celiac disease. I have recently just started a blog, http://silkiecook.blogspot.com to provide recipes for people living with allergy.View all articles by Silka Burgoyne
Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread
As my husband's garden in full bloom, zucchini is popping up everywhere...so it's only appropriate for me to make good use of it and bake some zucchini bread!
Makes one loaf.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50-65 Minutes
- 1/2 stick of salted butter
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (optional)
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of "Silkie Flour Mix" (3/4 cup of Brown Rice Flour, 1/4 cup white rice flour, 1/4 cup of Tapioca flour, 1/4 cup of corn starch and a little bit of potato starch)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup of chopped Walnut (optional) - with nuts version
- 1/2 cup of chocolate Chips (optional) - chocolate chips version
- 2 tbsp of light brown sugar for sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degree, grease one 8 by 4 by 2-inch loaf with oil spray or line the pan with parchment paper.
- Use mixer, cream butter and sugars until fluffy
- With mixer running, add egg and vanilla extract to the mixture
- Whisk flour mix, baking powder, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, nutmeg and cinnimon together and add the dry ingredient to the wet ingredient in the mixer
- If the dough appears too dry, add 1/4 of vegetable oil
- Fold zucchini and walnut (optional - for nut version) or chocolate chips (optional - chocolate chips version) into the batter
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, if desires, sprinkle a couple 2 tbsp brown sugar on top of the batter
- Bake for 55-65 mins until golden brown or skewer insert in the center comes out clean
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serve.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).