- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Butter Cream Nondairy Frosting (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Butter Cream Nondairy Frosting (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
NOTE: This recipe is: Wheat free, Egg free, Milk free, Dairy free. Chocolate, vanilla, orange, any flavor depending on taste!
cup dairy free/soy free margarine, softened
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups confectioners sugar
4 tablespoons water
With electric mixer on high, beat margarine until fluffy. Beat in cocoa powder and vanilla on low. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar, alternating with water, until desired thickness is achieved. If a thinner frosting is desired, increase water. If a thicker one is desired, decrease water.
Omit cocoa powder, increase sugar to 2 ½ cups.
Omit cocoa powder, replace vanilla with orange extract. Increase confectioners sugar to 2 ½ cups add ½ teaspoon grated orange peel. Substitute orange juice for the water.
Omit cocoa powder and vanilla. Increase sugar to 2 ½ cups add ¼ teaspoon grated lemon peel. Substitute 1 tablespoon lemon juice for 1 tablespoon of the water.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).