Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Can Anyone Help Me Diagnose What I've Got?

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 Womble

Womble

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

Dear All

I don't know if I have celiac disease, gluten intolerance (is it the same as wheat intolerance?), or just irritable bowel syndrome, but all I know is that I feel worse and worse after eating.  I'm at the stage now that I can hardly have a meal without getting at least mild stomach cramps afterwards.  That's my worst problem, but I have many of the other symptoms too, which apparently are typical  of people with these intolerances, e.g. bloating (this is also a big problem for me - I often have to burp repeatedly after meals), alternating between constipation and diarrhea, having to make stools often, mucus in the stool and skin problems.  Regarding the latter,  I don't know if I have ecezma or psoarosis but I get itchy skin and I have to moisturise quite a lot.  Before I moisturised so much, the problem was worse and sometimes I used to bleed.

My problems have been getting worse recently since I have been eating more wheat-based products, especially bread.  I have always eaten quite a lot of cereals and pasta anyway.  My friend thought that it could be wheat intolerance, but I'm not sure and a bit bamboozled by all the stuff on the web.

I have been eating a high-fibre diet for quite a long time because until my friend made his suggestion I thought I had IBS.  Wheat intolerance may explain why my health never seems to get better (in fact, if anything, it gets worse) despite this diet.

I live in China and I have to say that getting help with these types of issues from doctors is easier said than done.  That's why I joined this forum and am posting this message.

Thank you for any help in determing if I'm on the right track in my thinking above and your suggestions about self-diagnosis and diet - I'm in pain!

Best

Womble

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,150 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

Here is an explanation, from a reliable source:

http://www.curecelia...d-wheat-allergy

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Deaminated Marcus

Deaminated Marcus

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

Hello Womble,

The only diagnosis I've received so far is wheat intolerance as my Celiac panel appears normal.

If you can't get Celiac blood tests where you are I recommend cutting out wheat and gluten and dairy-milk as a test.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: