17 replies to this topic

#16 Kamma

Kamma

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Sounds like you really suffered a lot that summer, Fire Fairy.  Sorry to hear that.  I agree with Steph - be very careful with CC so you don't get inadvertently glutened. Your safety is at stake as Steph's friend's experience demonstrates.

If you haven't had one since going gluten free, I would say that there is a chance of a link between the two.  

Nikki, you just gotta love dogs.  :) They give so much back to humans.  

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Fire Fairy

Fire Fairy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

I am sorry that your have to deal with this.  Some thoughts.  You said that this hasn't happened to you since you went gluten free.  I hope that don't come back.  If there is a connection, then if you get accidentally glutened you need to be careful.  My friend who has these seizures is not allowed to drive.  It would be very dangerous to get one of these when driving.  He was also once hit by a car while crossing the street.  He probably had one of the seizures when this happened.  If you get a bad glutening and you think that it might happen again, you should take some precautions.

You know what is interesting. When I was 5 I was with my mom picking my older brother up at High School and a young woman ran her car into a tree. She opened the car door and everyone was laughing at her...she fell out dead her neck was broken. As a result I was terrified of driving and refused to learn in High School I just knew I'd die behind the wheel. I got my license at age 29, I drove a few times but got very scared by the "brain fog", my poor reflexes and my poor night vision so I stopped. My friends, family and sweetheart all want me to drive but none of them know I was still having seizures so recently. :( Actually my Dad knows and he doesn't push me to drive at all.  I feel ditzy not knowing those events were petite mal seizures I was filing them under brain fog.

If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'-unknown

#18 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

If you hadn't had a history of seizures it's pretty likely that they would have been forever labeled 'brain fog' by everyone.  It's a pretty weird event, after all -- you just 'disappear' for a few seconds.....

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inner ear, fainting, lost time, mini stroke, twitching eye, seizure baby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: