#1 StoryHorse

StoryHorse

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

Hi guys.
I am 6 foot 1 and 156 pounds. I am about average weight for my age but because I am tall it's harder to fatten up if you get me? I am very boney and would like to start gaining a few pounds so I won't be so skinny and boney.
I have been eating gluten foods for all my life especially pizza, white bread, cereals and pastas and I do think I eat enough so that I should be normal proportion .
Do you think this could be due to a gluten intolerance? Does eating calorie dense gluten filled foods such as pastas and breads not count to gaining weight if you are intolerant to gluten?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ndw3363

ndw3363

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

My extreme weight loss (along with other symptoms) is what lead me to my self diagnosis two years ago.  I've always been tall and thin, but at 5'10", I got down to almost a size 0 and I looked horrible.  Didn't matter how much I ate, I simply could not gain an ounce.  As soon as I took gluten out of my diet, I started absorbing nutrients again - gotta tell ya, I've never been that hungry in my life...I ate ALL time my first month gluten-free.  Started to gain weight back - once I figured out to cook healthy meals for myself that didn't include a lot of calorie/fat dense gluten-free substitutes, my health improved greatly.  I've recently gotten very serious about weight-lifting and for the first time in my life, I'm at a size and body shape that I love.  Have enough curve to still be feminine, but my muscle tone has never been better.  I will never go back to eating all that stuff again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: