• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

eers03

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

So we all know that we are being tracked by our cellphones by now, right?  Well, I went to check some college football scores on an iPhone app and there was an advertisement at the bottom that read "Depressed?"  Ticked me off.  I do a google search about pain in my feet and now my phone is making assumptions.  

Yeah, well, I deleted your app.  Maybe the next advertisement I see from someone else will say "Feeling better?"  I will respond yes.  That's a fact.

Diagnosis 11/2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

I know what you mean. I keep getting spammed about weight loss. I'm sure it stems from being a member here. After all, the "gluten-free lifestyle" is the lastest weight loss fad.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,552 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

One of my favorites are the google ads on this site.  We may have blocked it now but , if you are viewing a topic  about pizza - a Doninos or Papa John's ad would show!  :blink:

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

I don't use the internet on my phone a whole lot. Hilariously enough, when I do it is usually when I'm at a pharmacy after a visit to a doctor and need to call a pharmaceutical company I don't have the phone number to. (Bahaha... don't have the number to, that's hilarious too!) So if they're tracking my internet usage on my phone, I google a lot of contact information for drug companies. I've learned to store the contact information though so I've knocked that nonsense off for the most part.

On my computer I at least have an ad blocker installed in my browser. I don't need to be harassed by a billion companies based on my browsing history and IP address... thanks.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: