#1 gfteen

gfteen

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 07:57 AM

Hey!
I recently went to Baskin Robbins hoping someone there could tell me if there was an ice cream with no gluten. Surprisingly, I never even had to ask someone. On every ice cream label at the very bottom it states if that ice cream contains certain allergenic ingredients including wheat! It was quick and easy to order. I was also surprised by the wide range of ice creams w/ out gluten. Baskin Robbins is now my official dessert headquarters! :D
-Ginny
P.S. I do not know if the employees always wash the ice cream scoops after scooping a glutenous ice cream. May want to request it.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 debmidge

debmidge

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 06:05 AM

Baskin Robbins...this is good news. I'd make sure to tip them good if you tell them to rinse the scoop and they comply without argument and indicate that's why the tip (in the tip jar) is being given, so that they get rewarded. You might want to leave some CSA info there as a back up. It can never hurt to to be an advocate at place where food is served.

Thanks for the info.
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

#3 brigala

brigala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:20 AM

I know this is an old thread, but in light of today's promotion for 31 cent ice cream, I thought it would be good to bump it up.

Since the allergen list on the Baskin Robbins website only specifies "wheat" and not other sources of gluten, I called this morning to ask. I was told immediately by the CS representatives that NONE of their ice creams can be considered gluten-free. Whether this is a CYA statement or indicates actual gluten in all their ice creams, I am not sure.

I will probably take the kids for their 31 cent scoops after their track meets this afternoon, but I'll bring my own little single-serve of Ben & Jerry's. ;-)

I'm not heartbroken. I like TCBY better anyway.

-Elizabeth

gluten-free since mid-2007.
Symptoms: "IBS," chronic fatigue, chronic pain. 

Celiac is a family affair for us; my mom, sister, and one of my sons are gluten free. At least it makes holiday gatherings easier. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: