Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

High Fat Foods (w/o Milk) For Toddler

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

My toddler was diagnosed with celiac disease about two months ago. She initially gained a pound, but lost a half pound this last month. The doctor suggested that I give her high-fat foods. The problem is that my daughter has a milk allergy. Does anyone know of some high fat foods that are dairy-free? (By the way, I gave her McDonald's french fries this week and she LOVED it!)

Thanks,

Maya

Ads by Google:

Hi,

My toddler was diagnosed with celiac disease about two months ago. She initially gained a pound, but lost a half pound this last month. The doctor suggested that I give her high-fat foods. The problem is that my daughter has a milk allergy. Does anyone know of some high fat foods that are dairy-free? (By the way, I gave her McDonald's french fries this week and she LOVED it!)

Thanks,

Maya

Some safe things high in good fats:

avocados

extra virgin coconut oil (make sure it smells like coconut, i eat a spoonful of this per day plain or used with cooking)

Other things you might consider are nuts (fat content especially high in cashews and brazil nuts), peanut butter, eggs, soy/goat milk yogurt or goats milk, if these are things she can eat. Good Luck.

Thanks for all the good ideas. We'll definately try them this week!!

Take care,

Maya