1 reply to this topic

#1 bigapplekathleen

bigapplekathleen

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:39 PM

does anyone know if the CVS-brand acetaminophen is gluten-free? I took some today and got intestinal distress shortly thereafter. I have emailed the company, but may not hear back from them for a few days...

In the meantime, I will go buy some real tylenol !

thanks,
kathleen

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bigapplekathleen

bigapplekathleen

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:05 AM

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let you know that I spoke with customer service at CVS a couple days ago about their brand of acetaminophen. The representative told me that they use 2 different suppliers for their products, so some batches of the product are gluten-free and others aren't. She could not tell me, however, if my bottle contained gluten, since I didn't have the original box (who keeps those!?) with the UPC code. My reaction was very strong, though, and I am positive that it was from this.

The rep. told me that if you have any CVS brand OTC medicines, you can call them with the UPC code and they will tell you if it's gluten-free. Since it changes from batch to batch, however, you would need to call every time you purchase the same product again ! This is too much trouble for me. I will be using only Tylenol from now on !

Kathleen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: