- - - - -

Need Advice

• Please log in to reply

20 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_aramgard_*

Guest_aramgard_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:16 AM

Hey, Add a good pinch of hot pepper flakes, a dash of broth (chicken or beef) and it spices up that stir fry. Shirley

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 clare

clare

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 05:12 AM

I read elsewhere on this site that Outback Steakhouse's Chocolate Thunder From Down Under brownie is actually gluten free. If only I liked chocolate.... :(

#18 Guest_aramgard_*

Guest_aramgard_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:11 AM

My husband and I split a Chocolate Thunder the last time with ate at Outback's and it was wonderful--but a very large dessert. That was the first time I've had a dessert in a restaurant since I've been gluten free in June of 2001. Shirley

#19 Laura

Laura

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 05:28 PM

I definitely recommend the Annie's Naturals salad dressings.

For baked stuff, all the Gluten-Free Pantry mixes are good, though my best is the chocolate chip cake and cookie mix, I make the cake and it's excellent. Sometimes I find gluten-free baked goods a little dry, but not that cake. Also, if you go on epicurious.com, there's a recipe called something like "lighter than air chocolate roll" and it's flourless but you'd swear there's flour in it. It's shaped like a jelly roll, with a whipped cream filling, but sometimes I just make it in a brownie pan and it's super good.

I totally know what you mean, about craving baked desserts. I do too, and my life has gotten so much better since I've figured some out that I can eat. I can't wait to go to an Outback Steakhouse and try theirs!

#20 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:43 PM

Clare, Outback Streakhouse also has another gluten-free dessert. Their Sydney's Sinful Sundae is gluten-free. It is vanilla ice cream rolled in toasted coconut, covered in chocolate sauce and topped with whipped cream. If you don't want the chocolate sauce they could leave it off for you...

Mariann :)
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#21 Kim

Kim

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 12:44 PM

Gluten Free Pantry Choc. Truffle Brownie Mix is wonderful.

also, Outback Steakhouse has a gluten-free menu. Their Chocolate Thunder Down Under dessert is a gluten free brownie with icecream and chocolate sauce -- it's the regular dessert on their menu and it is gluten free. So, when you really need to feed your sweet tooth and don't have time to cook or are travelling, you should try it. It's very good.

Kim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: