3 replies to this topic

#1 anglepoise

anglepoise

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:45 AM

I think that psychological/emotional stress is the biggest trigger of a flare-up of pain. I have had soooo much stress recently: just transferred to a new university, a kitten who's having seizures, trying to build up my own business, being continually lied to by a loved one...
I feel like jumping off a cliff. I'm just a bundle of nerves. Maybe Prozac can help?

angel

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 snipe12

snipe12

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:15 AM

Prozac is a pretty drastic measure.
Exercise is a great one for stress. Try going running after a stressful day even if it is only for 15 mins. Nothing beats stress and anger like pushing your body to the limit. When you get back it is physically impossible not to feel happy due to the endorphins which are released. The other bonus is you will become fit and feel better.

#3 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:25 PM

Yes, two of the known triggers are:

1. stress
2. a surgery

With me it was a surgery. I don't know, where i once read the (german) article about these triggers. But that was the reason, why i suggested that i had celiac disease. Because as soon as the anastetic was gone after a tooth surgery i immediately had very severe symptoms. Then a lot of years and a long struggle about what that could be i read this article and then i knew. Well, the second trigger in that article that they mentioned was stress.

Lots of greetings, Stephanie
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

#4 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:37 PM

Stress can cause a reaction with celiac -- I was told that getting stressed is really bad in terms of symptoms. Therefore, I was told to try to stay calm and not get stressed in order to eliminate symptoms faster.

Additionally, stress often triggers celiac in the first place. If you have the gene and have tremendous stress, it's likely to flare up into full-blown celiac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: