17 replies to this topic

#16 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:39 PM

Sharffen Berger chocolate is gluten-free and CF. Expensive, though.

For those of you who have just gone gluten-free and are having problems with dairy -- some people find they can tolerate it after their villi have healed. Not everybody, of course, but some.

richard

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 dreamhouses

dreamhouses

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:34 PM

People are so wierd about what others eat! My tactic has been to make WHATEVER I am eating seem like its incredibly good, to the point that others seems to believe that THEY are missing out. For instance, I've taken chinese takout rice and combined it with cheese at a party, and made it seem good. At the Asian restuarants I usauly just go back to the kitchen and ask the cooks to steam me up some vegetables plain and give it to me with the rice. That's not bad, but plain, so when other people ask me incredulously how it is...I'll say that its actually really delicous. This gets rid of that sort of obnoxioius pittying thing people do. Does this seem dysfunctional? Mostly what I am pleased to hear from others is that they are glad I joined them (not what they think of my dinner). good luck

#18 wclemens

wclemens

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:36 PM

Hi Julie,
I haven't eaten chocolate for quite awhile, and I really don't ever crave it, because I just kind of eliminated it from my diet and my life. I focus solely on the foods I CAN eat, and see the others as poison, and chocolate is definitely a poison for me. I am so fortunate, because, you see, Asthma is one of my best friends. I have had it since I was 8, and each time I ingest something I'm not supposed to, I wheeze and choke, almost immediately. Oh yes, I used to feel so sorry for myself at first, before I realized that so many people had the same disease I have, and now I look at the symptoms as my early-warning signs, saying that if I want to live, I'd better straighten up and fly right, or I won't be flying at all.
I think the cravings just go away when you start eating only the foods you're allowed--at least that's what I've found to be true. I hope you enjoy better health each day, and find that your life is so rich and full, even without those darn old foods which are calling to you today. Turn a deaf ear to them if you can--they'll never do you any good. Welda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: