32 replies to this topic

#31 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:23 PM

A pill to reduce the problems caused by getting accidently nailed by gluten would be great. A pill just so I can eat crap is just plain stupid. I much prefer the lifestyle I am forced to live because of this disease. This disease took away so much from me but the lifestyle I am now forced to live has given me so much more. Doctors are so clueless about health and nutrition as it is that another pill is just going to make matters worse. We don't need this kind of"cure." This is just another way for drug and agribusiness companies to take more of our money to buy things we don't need in the first place.

Ianm
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 Guest_BellyTimber_*

Guest_BellyTimber_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:05 PM

There is a disturbing trend to the publicity that is being aimed against the gluten-free lifestyle even by support orgnisations that ought to know better, I was complemented by the hospital dietitian for the variety in my diet (which I maintain if I can).

The gluten-free diet is not restrictive because we can discover foods that are relatively fibre, mineral and protein rich that hardly anyone else eats because they "get away" with the usual diet which is the truly restrictive one.

We support a more varied economy and ecology which it is all the rage for authorities to pay lip service to.

There are already gut remedies, any additional developments would probably be good. It would probably have a more marked effect on small children but they will still have to be periodically monitored for what effect gluten is having on them - as so many groups of people need really.

#33 Rikki Tikki

Rikki Tikki

Tavi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:11 PM

The only real reservation [/QUOTE]

I believe the rest of this statement was "rats don't get celiac".
Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"
"blood work show's a disease called celiac,
but it can't be that because it's rare!"
Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac
offering support, my
experience and advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: