3 replies to this topic

#1 Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:54 AM

I found a coupon for Bob Evans sausage in a Sunday paper so I thought I'd email them. I still sometimes have problems with pork products (I think it's because pigs are fed a lot of wheat). I'm going to try some sausage this weekend.

Garrett_Hajes@bobevans.com <Garrett_Hajes@bobevans.com> Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 7:36 AM
I certainly appreciate you taking the time to e-mail us concerning Bob Evans Farms Inc. and our products.

I am happy to inform you that all of our sausage is gluten-free, including our one pound sausage rolls, sausage links, and sausage patties. All the different flavors are gluten-free: original, maple, Italian, zesty hot, and sage. In addition, our sausage is made in plants where only sausage is produced, thus there is no cross contamination from other food products. If you have further questions, please feel free to e-mail me or call me back.

Again we appreciate your comments. We value your patronage and appreciate your interest in Bob Evans Farms Inc.
1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember
1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms
Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance
2000-osteopenia
2001-had stroke because of medications I was given
June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months
June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)
May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 digmom1014

digmom1014

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:05 AM

Okay! Now we need a recipes for Biscuits and Sausage gravy. Bob's Red Mill gluten-free biscuit mix and....
Sarah

"What comes around, goes around"

#3 MrsGbone

MrsGbone

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

I use original Bob Evans sausage. I brown and crumble it in a medium saucepan. Do NOT drain, the flavor's in the fat! (While this recipe may be free of gluten, it certainly isn't free of calories...DIETERS BEWARE!) I then add one small carton of heavy whipping cream, and some milk. Salt, pepper (garlic powder) to taste, thicken with cornstarch. Vee-oh-lay!

**I appologize for not having any exact measurements, I just cook "freestyle" and don't pay attention to how much I actually put in of anything**

(To thicken, I take some of the "broth" out with a ladle and thicken it in a coffee mug first. I then slowly stir it back into the pot, and repeat as neccessary until desired thickness)

#4 larry mac

larry mac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

Does anyone know of a sausage that is not gluten-free, ie. that contains wheat?

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: