3 replies to this topic

#1 pbennett

pbennett

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:25 PM

Have any of you tried this eBook and does it have anything earth-shatteringly new in it? I was wondering if it was worth buying.

Thx!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dragonfree

dragonfree

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:51 AM

Hi!
I have purchased the Katie Ross ebook Gluten Free Lifestyle Baking. Regarding whether the information in the book is useful to you, I would say it all depends on whether you have been gluten free baking for a while and what knowledge/recipes you already have. Many people now have a bountiful catalogue of recipes and recipe books and it wouldn't make any sense to purchase the Katie Ross ebooks if you already have similar information.
I feel the book is quite expensive taking into consideration the cost of real books which will contain much more information. Im guessing these ebooks are expensive because you dont have to wait to get them... they are available immediately on demand! All the information in the Katie Ross ebook is readily available via the multitude of web sites offering gluten free recipes for bread and cakes etc. I bought the ebook primarily because Im a glutton for new information! :P For anybody who doesn't have money to burn, I wouldn't recommend it. However, on a positive note, its design and format is good. There is also a further ebook available now, (available to purchase separately) I understand, with a pasta recipe. This I think should have been included in the first book to make that one more worthwhile. This would then be worth recommending!
So, basically I dont think it is worthwhile unless you are a real beginner to gluten free cooking and baking.

#3 pbennett

pbennett

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:30 AM

ok, thanks! I was just wondering if there was some new baking technique in there. $37 is $37, you know:-) The book, "Gluten Free Baking" by the Culinary Institute of America has some new techniques that i hadn't heard of before, but not all of their recipes work out. I read a review saying that there were problems with the book. I hope they correct it and republish because it was quite interesting.

Hi!
I have purchased the Katie Ross ebook Gluten Free Lifestyle Baking. Regarding whether the information in the book is useful to you, I would say it all depends on whether you have been gluten free baking for a while and what knowledge/recipes you already have. Many people now have a bountiful catalogue of recipes and recipe books and it wouldn't make any sense to purchase the Katie Ross ebooks if you already have similar information.
I feel the book is quite expensive taking into consideration the cost of real books which will contain much more information. Im guessing these ebooks are expensive because you dont have to wait to get them... they are available immediately on demand! All the information in the Katie Ross ebook is readily available via the multitude of web sites offering gluten free recipes for bread and cakes etc. I bought the ebook primarily because Im a glutton for new information! :P For anybody who doesn't have money to burn, I wouldn't recommend it. However, on a positive note, its design and format is good. There is also a further ebook available now, (available to purchase separately) I understand, with a pasta recipe. This I think should have been included in the first book to make that one more worthwhile. This would then be worth recommending!
So, basically I dont think it is worthwhile unless you are a real beginner to gluten free cooking and baking.

#4 lvanderb

lvanderb

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:12 AM

I just bought, well, am on the 1 week for $1 trial for, Katie Ross' new pizza/pasta eBook set. She had a 3 day promo. I will definitely purchase this set.

I am quite happy with her explanations and photos - but, I am very new to pasta making. She explains how to make (with a hand cranked pasta maker), flavour and dry pasta - those were things I had no clue about.

For me, this is worth it, this way I just made the recipe and had pasta I could use for my daughter's soup - doesn't get better than that when cooking gluten free, does it?

Hi!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: