2 replies to this topic

#1 jitters

jitters

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:58 AM

So for a while now I've had issues with my fingertips looking wrinkled and shriveled. Almost like when you soak your hands in water for a long time, only they haven't been in water at all and it's not the pads of my fingers, but on the tips. I haven't been doing any work with my hands, and they aren't dry and cracked. They look like little cracks but they aren't, it's wrinkled. Also, it feels like the skin is thinner in that area. I drink a ton of water so I don't think it's dehydration.

This has happened off and on and I think it's getting worse. Right now its on my middle finger of my right hand and barely starting on the middle finger of my left hand. Has anyone had any experience in this? I've read on the internet it could be related to hypothyroidism?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Jenny (AZ via TX)

Jenny (AZ via TX)

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

Yes, my fingertips looked like they were water logged. Could not figure out what was causing it. I am also hypothyroid. My fingertips look fine now. I recently switched from Armour thyroid to Naturethroid. I wonder if that made the difference. I know that Armour had reformulated their pills and I did not do well on them. I felt undermedicated on them. I feel better taking the Naturethroid (same dose as Armour).

Could our wrinkly fingertips be from being undermedicated?
Jenny
(Texas girl in AZ)

Diag: 2/2008
Bloodwork - positive, 2/19/08
Biopsy - positive, 2/26/08
Colonoscopy - clean as a whistle!, 2/27/08

#3 jitters

jitters

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking thyroid issues. I've been on Armour Thyroid for a few months now but recently complained to my doctor that I don't think it's working. It's a very low dose. I had already made an appointment to get my levels checked again before I noticed the finger issue. It's really very annoying. I go in next week so I'll be sure to post again. I'm sure he'll just think I'm crazy!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: