#1 Pisces1974

Pisces1974

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:58 PM

Hi everyone,
My name is Carol. I'm 31 and I've been struggling with gi symptoms since I was very young. I had my gallbladder removed in 2003 due to chronic vomiting. After the surgery I was told that my gallbladder was seriously diseased and definitely needed to come out. Shortly after that the vomiting returned. I was also diagnosed with Sarcoidosis around that time. Since then the vomiting and diarrhea have continued to get worse. Lately I can barely hold anything down and I'm nauseated and have abdominal pain all the time. I went to see the gi yesterday and had the blood tests done right after. Now I'm just waiting. I'll be completely shocked if I don't have celiac disease. I get hot/cold flashes, nerve tingling and pain in my leg, and I have lots of problems with my teeth.
I've been accused of having bulimia due to the vomiting being so bad. If I was bulimic I probably wouldn't be laying on the bathroom floor praying to God for a diagnosis when things get really bad. That's happened many times, when I've been too weak and unsteady to stand up.
I'm actually hoping and praying for a diagnosis of celiac disease. At least then I can start trying to heal the damage. I've already tried some of the gluten-free foods so I would know what to expect. Of course, being a fat girl, I had to go right for the Kinnikinnick brownies lol. They are awesome :D
Sorry this got so long. I just needed to tell this stuff to people who understand.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Larteun

Larteun

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:14 AM

I can relate to you hoping celiac disease is the cause of your symptoms. I just had the test 2 days ago and started a gluten-free right after. I've been through countless testing with no results and after awhile you start hoping the next test will comfirm something, even if serious, just to get a handle on your agony.

I intend to stay gluten-free even if the blood test comes back negative. From what I gather from the helpful people here, the test aren't always that reliable.
Best of luck. :)

#3 julie5914

julie5914

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:29 AM

Did you get an endoscopy? With symptoms that bad, I would say you need one and soon.
Blood work positive
Dx with IBS 5 years ago
Dx with Celiac and gluten-free since 6/17/05

#4 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:32 PM

Welcome!

Make sure that you don't go gluten free before an endoscopy/biopsy or you may get false negative results.

Sorry to hear you have been so sick.
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#5 Pisces1974

Pisces1974

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:44 PM

Thanks for the replies.
The last time I had an endo was before my gallbladder surgery in 03. At that time I was told that I had a hiatal hernia, gerd, and gastritis. Thr gi said that after my bloodwork comes back we'll decide on what scopes to schedule. I'm so sick of feeling like this all the time. It's also a challenge for me at work. I'm a police dispatcher on the midnight shift. It's a small department so I work alone and I'm often the only one in the building (aside from the occasional prisoner). That means I can't leave my desk to run to the bathroom without calling a patrol in off the road. That's not always possible, if they're all tied up on calls. As most people here already know, when the urge hits, there's no stopping it. I end up having to grab a portable radio, a pad and pen and run to the bathroom as quickly as possible. It would be so nice to live a normal, healthy, life. I'm not sure I'd know how to deal with it though. lol
I just hope the results will be in soon. I'm guessing they'll be held up until Tue or Wed because of the holiday weekend. I hate waiting!!! :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: