This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Sammy's in Palm Desert offers gluten-free pizzas, beer - The Desert Sun

Scott Adams

Scott Adams Grand Master

Open Original Shared Link

The Desert Sun

In the not-so-distant past, if you struggled with celiac disease, gluten intolerance, dermatitis herpetiformis or an allergy to gluten-based products, ...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Grandma V
    Newest Member
    Grandma V
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• gurgi
      I did wonder this, but can't find very much about it. I can just avoid gluten free bread that looks like it has powder on the top, but if it does that to my lips I am just worried if it's upsetting my tummy too.
    • plumbago
      Could it be something (some additive or other) they added to the rice flour to make it easier to work with or cook?
    • gurgi
      My lips actually have an allergic reaction.  Apparently it's rice flour ontop of the bread, but I don't have a problem with rice. I can't have gluten
    • plumbago
      @gurgi I would look at the ingredients and go through that list to see if an allergic reaction is possible. Regarding m and s soft rolls: I did a search on the ingredients of the gluten free version. It has added B vitamins (b2, b5, and b6). I also see that niacin (b3) was added. Sometimes when people take b3 or, really, too much of it, they get a flush. Again, go through the ingredients, try to figure out what constitutes that powder on the tops of the breads, and see if it could be causing a reaction.
    • knitty kitty
      @lydialoo, Tell me about your high dose Thiamine routine. What kind of Thiamine are you taking?  How much (mg) are you taking?  When do you take it? Are you taking a B Complex?   Are you taking Magnesium?