16 replies to this topic

#16 Chrisz1000

Chrisz1000

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

My initial reactions are always popping ears and flaring sinuses around the ears. This happens within minutes of a good glutening. For a trace amount of gluten, i.e a crumb, or a grain of flour, it might take an hour for the ears to start popping.

Once the ears are popping away the floodgates open; weak bladder, headache, distended abdomen, aching joints, clicking ankles, dizzyness, light headed, loose stools, frequent BM, flatulence and fatigue. Those are the physical symptoms which last for upto 10 days - I tend to take apple cider vinegar, neat, in a shot glass as soon as I can. It helps the sinus pain. But I find nothing really helps anything else..

The mental problems come in approximately 2 hours after the physical ones have started and these problems are much worse, for me, and last longer. These are; mild depression, dark thoughts, inability to concentrate, no desire to make or hold conversation, unable to plan ahead, introvert behaviour, irritable, moody, tearful, lazy, mental fatigue. Again, nothing seems to help these mental symptoms but a lack of sleep exacerbates them for sure.

Good amounts of sleep does speed up recovery I have found, that is, if your sleep pattern is unaffected by gluten!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Munzie

Munzie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:10 AM

Hi all. My first signs that I was Glutened are, I can feel all my blood rushing from my extremteties to the center of my body. First time I had this -several years ago- I thought I was finting or something, now I know to just get me to a save spot -ie home and bed or something-. Then I can feel the pain coming. My gut will blow up like a balloon and the cramps are unbearable!!!!! this lasts for three to four hours, with or without throwing up.
I read alot of you saying you get the runs......that doesn't happen to me until prob the next day, when the cramps are gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: