arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

- - - - -

Anyone Else Have Si Joint/low Back Pain Problems?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Lintner

Lintner

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:47 AM

Joint pain, lower back pain, mouth sores, headaches and vertigo. These all appeard in my teens, but was undiagnosed. My mother and sister, and a uncle all have Celiac. While there is a family history, I was never considered as I did not have the bowel difficulties.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Rikki Tikki

Rikki Tikki

Tavi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 12:13 PM

I have a lot of joint pain lower back pain. I had the Dr. run a bone density scan and it showed the beginning of osteporosis. Something worth looking into. I think this disease takes a lot more out of our body's than even we are aware of.
Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"
"blood work show's a disease called celiac,
but it can't be that because it's rare!"
Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac
offering support, my
experience and advice

#18 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2004 - 01:02 PM

I was diagnosed with mild osteopenia, but the fact that I've been unable to take a walk for longer than 10 minutes or so since 2002 is proof that something larger is at play here. I'm really upset because PT doesn't seem to affect this at all, and the injections I had were terribly painful and did nothing, either. Also, so far at PT they haven't used heat or e-stim, just stretching excercises. I know I need more than that. In the meantime my back dr. has ordered a bone scan of the si joint. (Not a DEXA scan to show osteoporosis, a bone scan with the radioactive injection.) I'm hoping it brings some answers, out of all my symptoms I'm the most troubled by this one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: