Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Constant Twitching Calf Muscle! Does Anyone Have This?!

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 phil1

phil1

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

several parts of my calf muscle "twitch" constantly.. pretty much all day long. It's not the whole muscle, but several little parts of the muscle. Does that make sense? Is that a vitamin deficiancy? I'm a runner (or was one) but this, coupled with really bad muscle cramps, have taken me from running 4 miles/day to running 1 mile a day if I'm lucky. Does anyone know what I can do about the leg cramps and all day long muscle twitching? Is there a specific vitamin that I'm lacking?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GlutenGladi8or

GlutenGladi8or

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

Question and possible solution.

Q: What is your caffeine intake daily. Could be the culprit.

PS: Try a half of banana (my fraternity brother is a doctor and this happened to me and he suggested this solution. Said that I was potassium deficient)
Brian Gansmann
20+ years of Food Marketing Experience
Specializing in Organic & All Natural Foods

#3 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

My chronic pain management doctor put me on magnesium glycinate 900-1800 mg per day (mega dose) three months ago for chronic pain/muscle spasms/fibromyalgia and the difference in my calf spasms is definitely noticeable. I no longer need get up at night to stretch my calves. :) My chiro also recommended I try magnesium glycinate as well as malic acid.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4 krystynycole

krystynycole

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

Agreed...Bananas help A LOT! I can tell when I don't have any in the house. I do not have caffeine as it plays opposite affects on me (sleepy and migraines!) so I know it has nothing to do with caffeine, but I would definitely try bananas...they go along way.

Gluten Free since November 2010 and feeling fantastic!

(Mis)diagnosis with IBS in 2004
MSG and caffeine free since 2001

#5 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

Bananas, potatoes with the skins, and avocados all help......had lots of problems with it myself!
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: