No replies to this topic

#1 dcns65

dcns65

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

DD (16 years old) will be at a residential school for 5 weeks this summer for an intensive dance program. I've done a little research about the dinning hall and have found that a food service company provides the food service. It's a family based company that has 80 years of experience. I have emailed the program coordinator (who is not based at the school) and I'm waiting to hear back from her. DD's a silent Celiac with a normal biopsy but her brother and father are both Celiac so she is going gluten-free before heading off to college in 1 1/2 years. Since she'll be dancing 5-6 hours a day she has to have enough calories to fuel her body.

I'm more than willing to a) send food to the company or school, B) travel to the program with her to buy food for the first week, but then she'd have to get to the store for more food and c) talk with the company. The dinning hall's web page has an email for questions for the registered dietician so that is encouraging.

Thoughts or experiences with this type of situation? I don't want to send the deposit for the program without knowing she'll be taken care of!
Mom to 2 children with Celiac and husband with Celiac
Son-diagnosed Sept. 2011 with numbers off the chart, positive biopsy, hypothyroidism, ADHD, PDD (totally mainstreamed in School)
Daughter-diagnosed Jan. 2012 with no symptoms blood test positive, biopsy negative, hypothyroidism. Chose to go Gluten Free, dancer and straight A high school student
Husband-positive blood test, hypothyroidism and decided to skip the endoscopy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: