18 replies to this topic

#16 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Here are some pictures of DH in varying degrees of intensity. If you scroll back there are a lot more. Compare yours to these pictures and see if anything matches.

http://www.dermnet.c...formis/photos/8
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 darthluke12694

darthluke12694

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Where are these dots? My son get red almost flat , tiny dots on his chest, back & stomach when he has a virus.

The dots are on my shoulders.

I looked at the pictures and mine aren't as bad as what are in the pictures. Maybe it is a virus. I don't know. I guess the only way to know is to go on a gluten free diet. Whether my test results are positive or not, I'll go on a gluten free diet and I will figure out if this rash is from gluten or not. Im getting tired of guessing and wondering.

#18 chi1968

chi1968

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

I just wanted to give you an update. I did go to the doctor today about my rash. The doctor thinks it is eczema since I have no other symptoms, especially any stomach issues. He said that a blood test isn't necessary, and that even if it did come back positive, it's not necessarily Celiac. He didn't recomend for me to get a blood test, but I insisted on getting one and he didn't have a problem with it. I'm not sure when the results will come in, but I will let you know what they are.

I'm SO glad that you insisted on getting the blood test. And, if it comes back positive, you MUST get an endoscopy, as much for your peace of mind than anything else.

Yes, the doc is right that a positive blood test doesn't mean you have it, but you won't know for sure until you have a biopsy of your small intestines.

Even though one of my sons was diagnosed with Celiac, my GI doctor didn't think I had it, even though my blood test was a low positive and especially after the endoscopy, which she said looked completely "normal." They won't know for sure until they look at the tissue under a microscope. So, don't let them tell you anything is "fine" until you get to the very end.
Blood test 12/14/11; tTG IGA weak positive at 24.03; DGP IgA positive at 29.9

Confirmed diagnosis via endoscopy on 1/16/12; gluten-free since 1/16/12

#19 darthluke12694

darthluke12694

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Well I called in today to get my blood results and everything they tested for was a negative. So that is good news. So it sounds like I don't have it, or at least I don't have it yet. The doctor gave me some prescrption cream for the small rash I had and after a couple days the rash is gone. So it looks like the doctor was right and all I have is eczema.

Since my mom has Celiac I will always know I have the risk of getting it as some point. I'll always be on the lookout for any signs of it. Thanks everyone for all of your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: