3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
¾ cup white rice flour
2 ¾ cup powdered sugar

Filling:
7 egg yolks from extra large eggs
7 Tbsp. of rice milk
6 Tbsp. powdered sugar
4 Tbsp. cocoa
3 sticks and 1/3 stick of unsalted margarine (Earth Balance, Fleishman, or even butter)

Top: Shredded casein free chocolate, chocolate sprinkles, or long sweetened coconut.

Direction:
1.Take the margarine out of fridge and leave it out. It must be in a room temperature for this recipe.

2. Mix egg whites with hand mixer until you will see a white foam, proximately 5 minutes. Add only about 3 Tbsp. of powdered sugar into whipped egg whites and continue to mix with hand mixer. Repeat this until you will use up all of the powdered sugar.
Add white rice flour, coconut, and mix everything together. Spray your pan with non-stick spray. Put the dough into the pan (I used Pyrex) and spread it evenly.

Preheat oven on 385 F and bake it for 15-20 minutes, or until you will see pink sides.
Posted Image

3. Mix egg yolks, rice milk, powdered sugar and cocoa in a larger bowl for 1 minute. Boil about 3 cups of water in a wider pot. Place the bowl with the mixture on top of it and whisk it with the hand whisk for about 13-15 minutes until you will have something like mousse, or chocolate pudding. Cool it down. Mix it few time.
Before: Afrer:
Posted Image Posted Image
4. Put margarine in a bigger bowl and mix it until nice and smooth. Again add only about 3 Tbsp. of cooled chocolate mixture into margarine and mix it with spatula. Repeat it until you will use up all of the chocolate mixture.

5. Spread the filling on top of the cake and sprinkle with shredded chocolate, chocolate sprinkles, or long sweetened coconut.

You can cut cake on 2x2 inches squares, place fresh strawberry in middle, and sprinkle with melted chocolate** . Who can eat dairy, spray little be of whip cream on side before eating. One more idea: If you have hearth shaped cookie cutter, cut hearths from coconut cake, spread filling on top, put strawberry in the middle and sprinkle with melted chocolate.

Posted Image

**Melt 4 Tbsp. of margarine and 3 Tbsp. gluten and casein free chocolate chips, or 1 bar Life is good dark chocolate bar on top of boiling water. You need two pots: one bigger, in which you will boil 2 cups of water and one smaller that you will put on top of pot with boiling water. Put margarine and chocolate chips in a smaller pot and melt the chocolate . Mix often. After everything is melted, cool the chocolate mixture and sprinkle on top of cake. You can use the same bigger pot for cooling the chocolate. Put very cold water in it, place the smaller pot with hot chocolate on top of it and cool the chocolate. Mix it occasionally. You can change water few times to speed up the cooling process.

Enjoy!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Takala

Takala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

Applause! :)

I know you are doing this in a small kitchen, too!

I have a question. Does the cake dough get a pinch of salt or any cream of tartar or other leavening, or just the egg whites ? And what size pyrex baking dish was used ?

#3 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

xx

Applause! :)

I know you are doing this in a small kitchen, too!

I have a question. Does the cake dough get a pinch of salt or any cream of tartar or other leavening, or just the egg whites ? And what size pyrex baking dish was used ?

Thank you for the compliment. My kitchen is very, very small. That is the truth. I felt good and I wanted to make something yummy for the Valentine’s day. The cake came out really good.
Don't use anything else, just the ingredients listed. The dough will be 1 inch thick. I used 9x13 Pyrex dish.

#4 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

When the site changed I found out that some amounts are missing, so here they are:

Ingredients:
Dough:
7 egg whites from extra large eggs
3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes

3/4 cup white rice flour
2 3/4 cups powdered sugar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: