No replies to this topic

#1 GFfrog22

GFfrog22

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

A new Chuy's opened in my town last week. I have not eaten at one since being diagnosed, but I couldn't wait to go! The chips are flour, not corn and there is no specific gluten free menu. HOWEVER the manager came to my table 3 times to discuss my allergy and helped me order fajitas with a non marinated chicken breast, and corn tortillas. He then had a conversation with my waitress to inform her how to help me. After that she brought out more corn toritllas for me to eat with the salsa. He could not confirm if the rice had gluten or not so I chose not to indulge. And he did say things might be cross contaminated but they try their best to work on clean surfaces. Because this is a brand new restaurant, I knew he was doing his best to accommodate me and learn more about how to serve those with gluten allergies. I will definitely be going back for 2 reasons: (1) the only pain I had from eating was being stuffed because it was all so great and (2) the service and care for me was impeccable! Way to go Chuy's! I hope other people find the same help when they eat there.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: